Friday, March 21, 2014

Radiant heart

I finished up this quilt just under the wire for the 2014 Pantone Quilt Challenge with On the Windy Side and play crafts.
 
I've been wanting to make a pixelated heart quilt ever since I saw ones by Jolene at Blue Elephant Stitches, Kelly at Kelby Sews, and Amanda at A Crafty Fox. I used Amanda's dimensions to make this quilt for a purple-loving friend who is getting married soon. The finished quilt is about 68x86.




I had some random HSTs left over from this quilt, and I put those to use on the back along with some random purple solids I had in my stash.



I made my binding strips from the extra backing fabric, so I was able to do a little matched binding a la Deb from A Quilter's Table.

 
I'm linking up with the 2014 Pantone Quilt Challenge!


 2014 Pantone Quilt Challenge

10 comments:

felicity said...

It's wonderful, Katie !! Love the low -volume background.

Heather D. said...

I love it Katie, and the back is equally awesome. Good job on the matched binding too, Debbie will be so proud! ;)

CityHouseStudio said...

I love it, Katie! The low volume prints are a perfect background. And I love what you've done with the back -- fabulous!

Anne said...

Oooh love that ground of low volumes with the purples in the heart! And such a perfect wedding quilt. :)
The back is also beautiful and I love the matched binding!

Marci Girl said...

I love not only the heart but that you paired it with all those low volume prints! So pretty and I know your friend will love it too!

Erin Quinn said...

Oh my goodness! I love it! I love those scrappy hearts and add some perfect purples and low volume - it doesn't get better!
Until you turn it over and the back is the bom diggity! Simply gorgeous!
E xx

Adrianne @ On the Windy Side said...

Just lovely! The purples look fab against the low volume background and I really love that you went to the effort to do a matched binding. Great work!

Cheryl said...

Very cute, I love the LV background

Dana - Old Red Barn Co. said...

It's beautiful! Love those background prints!

تاج للخدمات المنزلية said...

شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالجبيل
شركة المثالية للتنظيف بالخبر
شركة المثالية لمكافحة الحشرات بالدمام
شركة تنظيف بالدمام تاج المثالية
شركة تنظيف منازل بالدمام
شركة تنظيف منازل بالجبيل
شركة تنظيف منازل بالقطيف
شركة تنظيف منازل بالخبر
شركة تنظيف بيوت بالخبر
شركة مكافحة الحمام بالدمام والخبر